Delete My Email Account
Alumni and retirees who no longer wish to receive cornell.edu email can request to have their accounts deleted.
This article applies to: Microsoft Outlook
Once disabled, any email sent to your Cornell email accounts will bounce, and you will not be able to access any mail currently in your mailbox. You will no longer be able to use your Cornell email address for password recovery.
All of these services will be affected as a result of deleting your Cornell email account:
Office 365 services including (but not limited to):
- Exchange/Outlook - deleted
- OneDrive - deleted
- Sharepoint - deleted
- OneNote - deleted
- Teams - removed
Cornell Google Workspace services including (but not limited to):
- Google Email - deleted
- Google Documents – deleted
- Google Groups Memberships - removed
- Google Play Purchases – loss of access and no reimbursement available
- Google Voice – service will not be available
- Google Wallet - service will not be available
- Google Authentication Services – sites that use "Sign in with Google" will no longer be accessible
- Google Scholar - deleted
Check this list for additional Google apps that will be deactivated.
Before deleting your email account make sure that you have all of the emails and files that you want to keep. You can use a commercial option such as VaultMe, or export your own Google Workspace content using Google Takeout.
Fill out the Delete Cornell Email Account form to start this process. Before you fill out this form, please reread the list above. Data connected with these will not be recoverable once deleted.