Rules for Meeting Invitations (Outlook for Windows)
One of our recommendations for Calendar Harmony is that you send meeting invitation updates to all participants on all changes. This article describes how to have all meeting related messages automatically filtered out of your Inbox and into a folder just for such messages.
This article applies to: Email for Faculty and Staff, Outlook for Windows
- From the Home ribbon, in the Move section, click , then click . A Rules and Alerts dialog box will open.
- On the Rules Wizard dialog box will open. tab, click . A
- In the box labeled Step 1: Select a template, in the Start from a blank rule section, select . Then click .
- This screen asks Which condition(s) do you want to check? Scroll down and select , then click .
- The next screen asks What do you want to do with the message? In the Step 1 section, select . Then, in the Step 2 section, click the underlined word . In the Rules and Alerts - Choose a folder dialog box, select the folder where you want these messages filed. If you haven't yet created that folder, click to create one now.
- Click .
- Now you're asked Are there any exceptions? For the simple version of this procedure, we'll assume there are no exceptions, so just click .
On the final screen, you give your rule a name and specify
- whether the rule should be run on messages already in your Inbox,
- whether the rule should be turned on so that it will be applied to all incoming messages in the future, and
- if you have more than one account set up, whether the rule applies only to the current account or to all accounts.
- Click when you've made your selections.