Restore Files from Backup (EZ-Backup)
This article applies to: EZ-Backup
The documentation that is installed with TSM GUI client has an excellent section that features a step-by-step procedure for restoring files and/or folders from backup. To view this section of the documentation:
Start the TSM GUI Client:
- Windows: Start - (All) Programs - Tivoli Storage Manager - Backup Archive GUI
- Mac: click on Launch Pad, then click on "TSM Tools for Administrator" then, after entering your Mac Admin ID password, select "Tivoli Storage Manager"
- Linux: depends on distribution and desktop environment
- From the menu, select .
- Select .
Follow the instructions for restoring your files.
- Note: If you need to restore older version(s), you need to select View and then, in the drop down, select Display Active/Inactive Files
- Note: There may be some pauses in the output to your screen as tasks related to the restore are happening in the EZ-Backup system. This does not necessarily indicate a problem.
- When the restore is finished, close the Getting Started window.
- the TSM GUI client