Use Managed Preferences (Endpoint Management Tools - Mac)
This article applies to: Endpoint Management Tools
This page is intended for IT support professionals. End users should contact local IT support.
Managed Preferences allow you to specify settings that can apply to the computer (system level) or to a user account (user level). You store the settings in a profile, and link the profile to a preference.
Create a Managed Preference Profile
Log into your JSS site at https://jssmgt.it.cornell.edu/<JSSInstance>
replacing <JSSInstance> with your instance's name.
For example, https://jssmgt.it.cornell.edu/limnology
- Click .
- In the left nav, click .
- Click the icon.
- In the General panel, enter a Display Name.
Select your Site from the drop-down list.
(If no sites have been defined, you will not see this field. That's okay, just continue with the next step.)
- Pick from the listed Payloads.
If a setting template for your intended setting is not present, choose at the bottom of the list, then select or if you have an existing plist file with your setting.
icon to use the desired setting.
- Select a Level from the dropdown list.
- Set the Value. (Most values are true/false.)
- Select the tab, then make selections to apply this profile to the desired Computers, Users, or Network Segments.
- Click .
The settings in the Profile you just created will be applied to the scoped computers, users, or network segments. The level you specified (in step 9 above) determines when the settings are applied.
- The three User Levels are applied at next login.
- System Level is applied at next reboot.