Use a Boot Image (Endpoint Management Tools - Mac)
This article applies to: Endpoint Management Tools
This page is intended for IT support professionals. End users should contact local IT support.
Copy the CIT-provided boot image CasperBootMedia.dmg from:
- Open Disk Utility (typically in your Mac's Applications/Utilities folder) and select the destination volume, which is your flash or other available volume.
If the destination volume is not already prepared:
- If using a flash drive or whole disk, select the destination drive, click the Name, and click . This erases the contents of the drive and creates a Mac OS Extended volume. tab, enter a
- If using a partition, select the destination drive, click the Partition Layout select , resize as needed, and click (we recommend using at least 15Gb). This reduces the existing partition and adds a new one. tab, and under
- Select the destination volume and click the tab.
- Click and select CasperBootMedia.dmg you copied from step 1.
- Drag the destination volume from the left and drop it into the Destination box on the right.
- Click .
The boot image will be loaded on to your destination. Once it completes you may then begin using it to boot future Macs and run Casper Imaging to image them with one of your Casper Configurations from your local or JSS hosted Casper Distribution Point.