Enroll a Client via QuickAdd Package (Endpoint Management Tools - Mac)
This article applies to: Endpoint Management Tools
This page is intended for IT support professionals. End users should contact local IT support.
There are several ways to enroll a client. See our Enroll a Client Overview article for more information.
Enrolling a client via a QuickAdd package is a two-part process. First, you create the specific QuickAdd package. Then you run that package on each computer.
Create a QuickAdd Package
Launch Recon from the Casper Suite folder and log in.
Be sure you run Recon, and not Recon.exe
- From the sidebar, select .
- Enter the name and password for a Casper management account. While these are essentially "throw-away" credentials, we have suggestions on selecting a consistent username that will come in handy.
- Check .
- If you wish, check .
- Click to save the package.
- Place the QuickAdd package in a location accessible to clients (for example, on a file server or USB stick).
On each Mac you want to enroll:
- Navigate to and run the QuickAdd package you created earlier.
When prompted, enter credentials for an administrative account on that Mac and complete the install process.
It may take several minutes to complete the process as it includes the first inventory scan.