Create Configuration Profiles (Endpoint Management Tools - Mac)
This article applies to: Endpoint Management Tools
This page is intended for IT support professionals. End users should contact local IT support.
Configuration Profiles are used to make setting changes for general and security related items (requires OS X 10.7 or later). Note that User-level profiles (see step 7 below) only work with computers bound to a directory service such as Cornell AD.
Log into your JSS site at https://jssmgt.it.cornell.edu/<JSSInstance>
replacing <JSSInstance> with your instance's name.
For example, https://jssmgt.it.cornell.edu/limnology
- Click .
- In the left nav, click .
- Click the icon to create a profile, or the icon to upload an existing .mobileconfig profile created by Apple's Profile Manager.
- Select , then click .
- Enter or edit a Name, Description, and Site. (If no sites have been defined, you will not see this field. That's okay, just continue with the next step.)
For Level, select the appropriate entry from the drop-down list.
profiles are applied next time the scoped computers contact the JSS.
profiles are installed at next login of the scoped users.
- Select one of the items from the list on the left (Passcode, Network, VPN, etc.). These are called Payloads. A description of the payload you select will be displayed.
- Click , then configure the payload options as desired.
- As soon as you click 1 Payload Configured. Each configuration profile should have only one payload. If you need to remove a payload, select that payload from the list on the left, then click the at the upper-right of the form. for a payload, you'll see the item in the left column change to read
When finished configuring the payload, click the
If you specify both computers and network segments, these are treated as "and" conditions.
tab to assign computers or users.
- (optional) Click the tab to enable and configure settings to distribute this profile in Self Service. Refer to the Self Service section of the Managing Computers chapter in the Casper Suite Administrator's Guide for more help with this feature.
- Click when finished.