Make Changes to a Domain
This article applies to: DNS
Once you are assigned as NetAdmin to a domain, using the DNS database, you can:
- Make changes to the NetAdmin comment field.
- Add or delete domain-level mail exchange (MX) records.
- Add an Active Directory domain controller.
If you want to make other changes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Mail exchange (MX) records are handled on either the domain level or the host level. If you add an MX record at the domain level it is added to every host in that domain. If you add an MX record to a host, it only pertains to that host. For information about updating a host in the DNS database, see Make Changes to a Host.
Update a Domain in the DNS Database
Connect to the Domain list in the DNS database.
Domains for which you are listed as a NetAdmin are shown at the top, followed by a longer list of all the domains in the database. (You can inspect any domain, but can only modify the ones for which you are the NetAdmin.)
- Select the domain you want to inspect or modify, and then click the nearest button. (These buttons are spaced throughout the list.)
- If you see a Security Information box, click .
A new window opens, displaying the database information you requested.
- For your own domains, you can add or remove names in the list of NetAdmins. You can also add or delete domain-level MX records, or add an Active Directory domain controller. For more information, see How to Configure Windows 2003 Active Directory to Use Cornell's DNS Servers.
- For all other domains, you can view the Netadmin contact information.
- When you are finished, close the browser window. Your changes will be saved.