Contact the IT Service Desk
Hours 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.
After Hours Support
If it is after hours or a weekend or holiday, wait until the IT Service Desk is open, then call 255-5500. You may send email during off hours, but if your issue is urgent it is wise to follow up with a phone call as soon as the IT Service Desk opens.
The goal of the IT Service Desk is to respond, resolve or escalate email requests, which are normally non-urgent requests, within one business day (eight hours). Urgent requests that arrive via phone are resolved or escalated immediately. The goal is to respond, escalate or resolve within four hours. These time frames are goals—it may take more or less time to address your request or issue.
If you need to make a problem or request a high priority for the IT Service Desk and get help as fast as possible:
- Call the IT Service Desk instead of sending email to get immediate attention.
- Explain why your request or problem is urgent; Inability to work because of computer problems, security/virus issues, and time-sensitive situations qualify as high priority. The IT Service Desk will flag and process your request as high priority.
- Always identify yourself as a member of the CIT-DFA IT Service Group to help the IT Service Desk efficiently manage your problem or request.
The following information is helpful to those assisting you.
- The problem you are having
- The equipment you are using, including operating system, if applicable
- What triggers the problem, if it can be identified
- Any error messages you have received, with screenshots, if possible
- How often the problem occurs
- What steps you have taken to try to fix it, if any
- The best way and time to contact you
Remember: Contact the IT Service Desk
Do not request assistance from the technical support staff you’ve worked with in the past. Call the IT Service Desk. Cornell can save resources, gain efficiencies, and provide a more consistent level of technical support to everyone if all questions and requests for help go through the IT Service Desk. If you ask your local technical staff for support, they should direct you to submit your question or request to the IT Service Desk.