Install for Macintosh
Install the Cisco AnyConnect software to connect to Cornell's VPN service. You must have administrative privileges to install the software.
This article applies to: CU VPN
Use the Installer
- Connect to https://cuvpn.cuvpn.cornell.edu/.
Enter the following:
User Name: Your Cornell NetID
To connect to a departmental VPN, enter your Cornell NetID and the name of the departmental group, for example, pqs665@departmental_group_name.
Password: your Cornell NetID password
- If you see a security warning asking for permission to run an applet, click Allow.
When prompted with a security warning to confirm you want to run the application, click the checkbox next to I accept the risk and want to run this application. Click Run.
When prompted with a security warning to allow access to the application, click Allow.
You may be asked to enter the administrator password for your computer.
- If the installer is unsuccessful, you'll see a message with a link for the manual installation. See the procedure to manually install below.
When the installer is finished, it displays a screen telling you that the CUVPN software is running and how to access it.
- If the installer is unsuccessful, you'll see a message with a link for the manual installation. Click the link.
- You'll see a message asking if you should save the file. Click Save.
The file should be saved in the default download folder. (In most cases, this is
/Users/user_name/Downloads/vpnsetup.dmg) Locate the file and double-click to open it.
You'll see a new window with the VPN Installer. Double-click the installer.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
The AnyConnect script creates the directory called
The AnyConnect software is installed.