Add Members to a Group (CornellAD Group Management)
Individuals who have access to manage CornellAD groups can add members via the console or web interface.
Direct and Indirect Group Membership
Groups can contain both NetIDs and other groups. This results in nested group memberships. Members of the main group are Direct members. Members of the nested groups are Indirect members.
- Group A contains Group B and NetID xyz10 and NetID xyz22.
- Group B contains NetID pqs660 and NetID pqs665
Direct members of Group A = Group B, NetID xyz10, NetID xyz22.
Indirect members of Group A = NetID pqs660, NetID pqs665
- Navigate to the OU that contains the desired group.
Double-click on the group in the main console panel. A Properties dialog box for the group will open.
- Click the tab.
Click Select Objects dialog box will open.
In the lower text field, type the person's NetID, or all or part of their name (or the beginning of the name of a group you want to add), then click
You can enter multiple NetIDs or groups, separating them with semi-colons.
- Select the desired account from the list in the Select Matching Items dialog box, then click . (If only one account matches what you typed, that account will be displayed automatically, and you won't see the Select Matching Items dialog box.)
- Back on the Select Objects dialog box, repeat steps 5 and 6 for additional new members.
- Click Select Objects dialog box. You should see the member listed on the tab of the Properties dialog box. to close the
- Click Properties dialog box. to close the
- Connect to https://manage.ad.cornell.edu.
Login using your email@example.com or your firstname.lastname@example.org account.
Use the ID that has privileges to manage the group.
Navigate to your group using the tree:
Directory Management -> Active Directory -> cornell.edu -> DelegatedObjects.
Or, if you know the group name, type it in the Quick Search box.
From the list, select Members, and then click .
Note: If you don't see the button, check that you used the NetID or DOCID with the proper privileges to log in. If necessary, click and then log back in using the correct ID.
Type the name or NetID (or group, holdingID, GuestID, TestID, or computer), then click
After adding one account, you can search for another. Continue the process until all the accounts are added.
. From the list, click each entry that you want to add to the group. Names you select are added to the list in the bottom half of the screen.
- Click .
The accounts you added will be shown as members of the group.