Add Content to a Playlist (non-Advanced) Channel
This article applies to: CUView Digital Signs
In Appspace channel listings, playlist channels have blue icons by default.
Adding Content to a Playlist Channel
- From the Appspace Dashboard, click the Channels icon.
- Click the name of the playlist channel. Appspace will open the Edit window for the channel, showing the current playlist.
Click the blue + ADD button.
The Add content or folders window shows your folders and their contents. Click a folder name on the left, and it will show the contents of that folder on the right.
- To sort library items, click the dropdown list under the folder name and choose either Recently Updated or Name.
- To filter which items are visible, click the filter icon at the top right of the display area, then choose Type, Created, or Expired by to show items that match your choices.
- When you're ready to add an item to the playlist, click its thumbnail image. A blue checkmark will appear on the upper-right corner of the selected item. To deselect a card, simply click it a second time. Click additional cards to add them to the selection for your channel as well.
- When you have finished selecting content, click Add (at the bottom right). The content items will be added to the beginning of your playlist.
Managing Content in the Playlist
To the right of the Content playout icon, Appspace shows how many items are in the playlist and gives the playout duration (how long the list will take to play through all slides).
To change the order that content will be displayed on your sign, select the Content playout icon
and choose a method from the dropdown:
- Name (shows items in alphabetical order)
- Updated (most recent items display first)
- Shuffle (slides display in random order)
- Custom (if you select Custom, manually set the order by dragging items up or down in the list using their Move icons )
To make changes to the settings of an individual content item, open that item's Summary window by clicking the item's name.
On the Summary tab, make changes using these fields (all are optional):
- Title: optionally type a title that will be used for this item in playlists and library folders.
- Expires on: to have this item expire after a particular date, click for a pop-up calendar and select a date. The item will be removed from playlists, channels, and content folders at midnight at the end (midnight) of the selected date.
- Article and Caption: generally not used, but could contain a description or write-up about the current item. Text in these fields will not display in your item or channel.
- Content Tags: type tags here, separated by commas, if you organize your content using tags.
Get more information about the item by clicking:
- Preview icon : displays the current item in a new browser tab at full size.
- Download icon : click to download the item from Appspace to a local folder.
- Additional Info icon : click to display details about the current item.
- Click the Allocations tab to display a list of all channels where the current content item is in use.
- Click the Save button to keep any changes you have made and return to the playlist.
- When you have finished making changes to your content, click Preview to see what the channel will look like. (To return and make further changes to your playlist, click Edit to return to the list of content.)
Removing Items from the Playlist Channel
- In the playlist Channel window, click the three dots icon at the right end of the item line.
From the menu, click either:
- Remove (to delete the item from the playlist channel; it will remain in your library)
- Disable (to temporarily hide the item from playing) / Enable (to show the item again)
- Move to bottom (to move the item to the end of the playlist)
- Changes made will be auto-synced to your sign within a few minutes. (It is not necessary to publish changes.)