COECIS Direct IP Printing
Using Direct IP to connect to CoECIS Printers
This article applies to: CoE CIS IT Service Group
- You must be logged in as a local administrator. You will not be able to add a printer or install drivers without administrator privileges.
- You must download printer drivers. Find the appropriate printer driver here. Place the downloaded file where it is easy to find, such as the Desktop.
- Click the button on the bottom left corner of your desktop.
- In the Start menu, locate the Search field and enter Add printer.
- Click the search result entitled (it should appear at the very top).
- in the Add Printer window, click .
- Make sure the is selected, and from the dropdown menu, select , then click .
- In the next window enter the appropriate printer address. Printer addresses can be found on a label directly on the printer. Then click .
- You will be asked to install the driver that will enable you to use the printer's features. In the lower right, click
- A small window entitled Install From Disk will appear. Click and locate the printer driver you previously downloaded, then click the button to close the Install From Disk window
- In the Add printer window, click .
- Choose a suitable printer name and click .
- The Operating System will automatically install the printer. Once it is done, click .
Mac OS X
- In the upper left-hand corner of your screen, click the menu, then select .
- In System preferences, under Hardware, click .
- In Print & Fax, click the Plus icon in the lower left corner in order to add a new printer.
In Add Printer, verify you are in the tab, then check to see if any printers have been automatically discovered by your computer in the listing below.
If the correct printer has been discovered, select it and choose a name in the Name field below the listing, then click . You are now ready to use the printer.
If the correct printer has not been added, you can add it manually.
- From the the Add Printer window, select the tab. Make sure that the selected protocol is .
- Enter the address of the desired printer. Printer addresses can be found on a label directly on the printer.
- Click to complete the process. Optionally, you can choose a custom name for the printer.
- In the bottom left corner of your desktop, click the button.
- In the Start menu, click .
- In the Printers and Faxes window, double-click the icon.
- In the Add Printer Wizard, click .
- Make sure Automatically detect... is not selected, then click . is selected and the checkbox for
- Select . For the port type, choose from the dropdown menu, then click .
- In Add standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard, click .
- Enter the appropriate address (printer addresses can be found on a label directly on the printer), then click .
- Click here. . At this point you are done adding the printer to your computer but you will need to install drivers for the printer. Printer drivers can be found