Email for Graduate and Professional Students
As a graduate or professional student, you have an additional option for your Cornell email -- an account on the university's Office 365 system.
What Office 365 Is
Office 365 is a cloud service from Microsoft that manages email, calendars, task lists, and address books. Cornell has contracted with Microsoft for Office 365 for faculty, staff, and retirees, as well as for graduate or professional students who need it.
What Graduate/Professional Student Office 365 Accounts Are For
Cornell Office 365 accounts for graduate or professional students are intended primarily to be used to perform university business while at Cornell. Guidance about whether a graduate or professional student's work is considered university business should be determined by the department or unit who oversees that work.
For graduate and professional students, Cornell Office 365 accounts provide storage of up to 50 GB (gigabytes) and include email, calendar, tasks, and address books. These accounts are in addition to the Cmail account that every student receives, and/or the email account their department or college may provide.
- Cornell Office 365 accounts for graduate and professional students are the same as Cornell Office 365 accounts for faculty and staff.
- Unlike Cmail accounts, which can continue to be used by students after they graduate from Cornell, Cornell Office 365 accounts for graduate and professional students are deactivated after the student's affiliation with the university ends.
If you want your Cornell email to be delivered to your Cornell Office 365 account, you need to take a few more steps.
- Go to the Who I Am site. Enter your NetID and password if requested by CUWebLogin.
- Put a check in the box that says "Deliver my email to my Cornell Office 365 account."
- Look at the settings that show the other places where your Cornell email is being delivered. These may include your Cmail account and other accounts such as your Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. address. Adjust these settings if needed.
- Click Update to save your changes.
See our Faculty/Staff Email pages for information on using your account.