Certified Desktop Compliance Patching (Third-party Applications and Operating Systems)
This article applies to: Certified Desktop, Endpoint Management Tools
This information is intended for IT support professionals. End users should contact local IT administrators.
Third-Party Software from Central Patching
With the replacement of our legacy Windows patching process, Confluence page Central Patching 3rd-Party Software List (requires login) details which third-party applications are being updated, and which are being used to judge compliance for Certified Desktop.
Non-Compliant Operating System Releases
A Certified Desktop-managed computer will be marked as being non-compliant in the "OS Vendor Patching" category if it is running any of the following OS versions:
- Windows 10 1507 – Went out of support 05/09/2017
- Windows 10 1511 – Went out of support 10/10/2017
- Windows 10 1607 – Went out of support 04/09/2019
The following OS versions will go out of support on the dates indicated. After the end of support date for a release, any Certified Desktop-managed computers running that release will be marked as non-compliant.
- Windows 8.1 – Goes out of support 01/10/2023
- Windows 10 1507 LTSB – Goes out of support 10/14/2025
- Windows 10 1607 LTSB – Goes out of support 10/13/2026
- Windows 10 1703 – Goes out of support 10/08/2019
- Windows 10 1709 – Goes out of support 04/14/2020
- Windows 10 1803 – Goes out of support 11/10/2020
- Windows 10 1809 LTSB – Goes out of support 01/09/2029
- Windows 10 1809 – Goes out of support 05/11/2021