Send Email to a Pre-Defined Group via Bulkmail
University Policy 5.2 applies if you want to send a message to ALL members of one or more of the following groups:
This is the procedure for sending an approved message to one or more of the major groups: Students / Academics / Staff / Alumni.
Assemble the following pieces of information:
- message: must be small, simpler (limited formatting, etc.) is better
- text to appear in subject line of message
- "from" address: we strongly recommend using an Exchange Group Account rather than a personal address.
- recipients: just tell us which group (alumni, students, faculty, or staff)
Send the information to the office of the person who must approve the mailing:
- Messages to Academics must be approved by the Dean of the Faculty
- Messages to Staff (academic and non-academic) must be approved by the Vice President for Human Resources
- Messages to Students must be approved by the Vice President for Student and Academic Services
- Messages to Alumni must be approved by the Vice President for Alumni Affairs and Development
- Messages to all four of the above groups (combined) must be approved by the Vice President for University Relations
- The approver's office sends the information to the CIT Bulk Mail Service. CIT cannot proceed without permission from the approver's office.
- CIT creates the message and sends a test message to the person requesting the mailing.
- The requestor approves the mailing.
- CIT distributes the message over the course of several hours.