Trash In File Collaboration Services Is Eventually Automatically Deleted
This article applies to: Box, Cornell Google Workspace for Faculty and Staff, Cornell Google Workspace for Students, Office 365 Productivity Bundle, SharePoint
Files placed in the Trash or Recycle bin for Cornell's Box, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, and Google Drive will automatically be deleted permanently after a set amount of time. Permanent deletion occurs after 30 days for Box and Google Drive, and after 90 days for OneDrive for Business and SharePoint.
Please be aware:
- In most cases, these locations are not backed up by Cornell services like Code42 and are not retrievable from them. If you want to talk about file storage and backup options, contact your local technical support provider.
- When you share files or folders in these services, your collaborators may have the ability to send them to the Trash or Recycle bin. In some cases they might do so inadvertently, thinking they are getting rid of something specific to them, not the original shared item.
- Set up or manage email notifications from Box
- Set up alerts for OneDrive folder changes
- Get notified when a file or folder changes in SharePoint