Problem: Apple Mail Prompts Repeatedly for Password
This article applies to: Apple Mail
Mail prompts me over and over to sign in with my NetID and password.
How to Solve this Problem
Mail users may see this behavior if they use Apple's iCloud Keychain feature, which stores your passwords.
We recommend that you NOT use the iCloud Keychain feature. To disable this feature:
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Click the Internet Accounts icon (usually in the third row).
- On the left side of the window, select iCloud.
- In the main part of the window, scroll to Keychain and make sure the check box is clear (note: this action may remove your Office 365 (Exchange) Cornell email and calendar account; you'll set that up again next).
- Close the System Preferences window.
Now you can follow the procedure to Set Up Apple Mail.