Manually Install SCEP (Mac)
Install System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP) on an unmanaged Macintosh computer.
This article applies to: Antivirus
This page is intended for IT support professionals. End users should contact local IT support.
- If you have other antivirus software installed, manually remove it before installing SCEP.
- System Center Endpoint Protection is licensed for Cornell-owned computers only.
- You will need access to an administrative account on your Mac to install this software.
Your system must be restarted to complete the installation. Save any work and close all other applications before you start installation.
- Uninstall any other antivirus software installed on your Mac.
Download the installer, authenticating with your NetID and password.
( https://downloads.cornell.edu/security/scep-for-mac/latest/scep-for-mac.dmg )
- If the System Center Endpoint Protection "drive" icon does not appear on your desktop (it depends on your browser of choice), open the scep_for_mac.dmg file you just downloaded.
- In the System Center Endpoint Protection window, double-click . The installer will run.
- Step through the installer screens, clicking and .
On the Installation Mode screen, leave the mode set to , then click .
On the Special Applications screen, select from the list, then click .
- Click .
- Enter the Name and Password for an administrative account on your Mac. This is NOT your NetID and password.
- Click .
- When informed that the installation was successful, click .
Change the Weekly Scan Time
The default weekly scan is scheduled for 2 a.m. If you would like to change the scan time, follow the optional procedure below.
In the Finder menu bar, click the
- In the bottom-left corner of the dialog box, click .
- Click , then .
In the Scheduler list, click , then click . An Edit task dialog box will open.
- On the Task name screen, click .
- Select , then click .
- Select a time and a day when your computer will be turned on, but not heavily used (for example, during your lunch break), then click .
- On the If the task did not run screen, click .
- Click .